At the end of this module, you will be able to perform the following tasks in Tagalog:
Lesson 1: Greetings and Introductions
- Greet civilians and members of the military.
- Use Philippine military ranks in greetings.
- Respond to greetings.
- Introduce yourself and others.
- Respond to introductions.
Lesson 2: In the Philippines
- Respond to the question “How long have you been living in (the Philippines, Philippine cities)?” with the number of days, weeks, etc.
Ask and respond to the question “Do you like ••• ?” “Would you like ••• ?”
- Ask and respond to the question “Where are you from?”
- Use weather expressions such as “It’s hot” and “It’s cold.”
Lesson 3: Where Do You Live?
- Ask and respond to the question “Do you have children?”
- Ask and respond to the question “Where do you work?”
- Ask and respond to the question “Where do you live?”
- Excuse yourself, saying that you have to leave.
- Use typical parting expressions.
Module 1: Getting to Know You
View Learning Objectives for Module 2